Friday, March 21, 2008

Coming Back to America's B.S.

I just want to say, when I was in Dubai, I was constantly surrounded by human beings from:

India
the Philippines
Egypt
England
Nigeria
Pakistan
China
Iraq
Britain
Ghana
Omman
Austria
Jordan
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
South Africa
and the United States

and while there, met people from all of the aforementioned places plus:

Holland
Spain
Croatia
Trinidad

and the list can go on.

Then, of course, I have to come back to the United States that STILL cannot get over Black and White and has yet to accept that reality for African Americans is different than reality for persons who classify themselves as White Americans.

They love Barack Obama in multicultural Dubai. And I love Barack Obama in supposedly multicultural America. Now, I've not seen all of Rev. Wright's commentary but I am already angry about the coverage. So, I was very happy to receive this information in an email---Trinity Church defending itself and providing necessary competing narratives on what it's like to be Black in the USA:



Click here to see all videos IN CONTEXT.

New column coming . . .

No comments: